Nonprofit Risk Mitigation
The Board's Role in Mitigating Risk
Nonprofit Risk Mitigation Course Overview
Our Courses are divided into sections. Each Section includes an informative video presentation. They may also include a quiz to test your current knowledge, an exercise you can adapt for you and your board, valuable resources, and a review of the material presented.
- Reviews the board's primary roles & responsibilities, including legal and fiduciary duties.
- Examines board structures that help promote risk mitigation, increase accountability and promote transparency.
- Introduces and applies thoughtful and generative questions to ask about risk, programs and financials.
- Discusses the Chief Executive's Contract and Purpose of the Annual Evaluation.
- Provides Valuable Resources for Developing Your Board.
How You'll Benefit: This course will give you nonprofit Management tools that you can use in many ways beyond developing your board. This information can be applied in conversation and open the doors to new ideas and system development within your NPO. Enjoy!
Liz Wooten Reschke is an experienced facilitator and skilled board governance expert with over 20 years of service to the nonprofit sector. Liz is also a Certified Dare to Lead(TM) Facilitator.
As President/CEO and Lead Consultant for Connect For More, she works collaboratively with her clients to create strategic consulting solutions that address a variety of areas including: nonprofit capacity and community building, board & organizational development, philanthropic advising, workshop & retreat facilitation, and coaching & ongoing support. She provides training on topics such as best practices in board governance, engaging the next generation of nonprofit leadership, building an exceptional board culture, creating meaningful board service and equity diversity inclusion in philanthropy.
Connect For More clients include those interested in making meaningful connections in their local communities and the nonprofit sector.Whatever the topic of expertise, our work places focus on community building and resource-sharing to help an organization,individual or community meet their mission.